Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Scott 24hr ... false start

I had some extra incentive to motivate for the Scott 24hr from the w/e; seeing a number of aussies including local lads Jeff Toohey and Andy Fellows crank out a big one in the World 24hr solo champs in Canmore. These two came 4th elite and 1st 25-29 age group respectively. The aussies clean-sweeped mens elite with top 4 places.

The Scott 24hr is a qualifying event for the Worlds, and I’m keen to be a part of the action next year. 73 days and counting to get fit again, but I’m off to a false start … Andrew Handyside and I headed up to Beerburum for another Glasshouse trail run on the w/e. Andy had a great race and came fourth, AGAIN, much to his own disgust;) One day you’ll crack it for a placing Andy! Keep up the good work.


It was only a 10.5km race, albeit through very boggy fire-trails. Both Andy and I were running with the lead 5 up to the half way point. My legs felt very tight following Hells Bells. I hadn’t been stretching during the week, instead watching the TdF. I knew something wasn’t quite right and decided to walk back. My race was over. Sadly I must have done some minor damage which didn’t really become evident until after a social ride up Mt. Nebo the next day; I have a small tear in my left hami:-( I’ll be icing tonight and getting a massage tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of the week I can ease back into training. The situation sucks because I have "re-motivated" now, but that’s life.

No comments: